Funeral poems, funeral prayers and memorial verses are often a familiar part of funeral services. It’s a difficult time and sometimes it’s hard to find the right words to express the death of a loved one. We wanted to provide you a resource to help communicate and express your loss. We hope you will find some comfort with these resources.
Here are our top selections of popular poems that can be read at funerals, memorial services, eulogies or include in an obituary.
- 45 Funeral Poems – Funeral Poems to express your grief, mourning and bereavement. Meaningful funeral readings to remember.
- Funeral Poems and Readings – There are many beautiful pieces of poetry, readings and verses to express your loss.
- 150+ Best Funeral Poems for a Loved One – Find the perfect poem to express how much your loved one meant to you.
- Moving Poetry for Memorial Services and Funerals – Beautiful funeral poems and quotes to bring comfort and peace. Poems can also be a good source of inspiration for epitaphs.
- 40+ Beautiful Readings for Memorial Services – A selection of beautiful funeral poems. Over 40 touching and heartfelt memorial poems to read at the service.
- 21 Funeral Poems for Memorial Services – Beautiful and moving poems for memorial services. Find a touching reading here to honor your loved one or comfort you in your grief.
The following resources have religious prayers and non-religious blessings that are suitable for you to offer up at a memorial service or card.
- 10 Opening Prayers for Funerals – Losing a loved one can bring about an array of emotions and feelings. Making it through the grieving process starts with the memorial
- Popular Prayers to say at Funerals – Beautiful funeral prayers for the day or days following the loss of a loved one.
- 10 Funeral Prayers for Cards, Services, Programs or Memorials – Here are several comforting prayers and readings for use in funeral services, programs and memorial prayer cards.
- Prayers & Familiar Quotations For A Funeral – This page has a selection of prayers which you may find helpful, whether you are planning a funeral or going to a funeral.
- Jewish Memorial Prayers – In the Jewish religion there are certain prayers recited to honor the passing of loved ones, celebrate their life, and help with coping during the mourning process.
- Buddist Funeral Chants and Prayer – Chanting will often take place during a Buddist wake and the funeral service. Guests should join in the chanting if they are knowledgeable and capable of doing so.
- Islamic Funeral Prayer – The Islamic funeral prayer is a part of the Islamic funeral ritual.
Bible Verses About Death
- 100+ Bible Verses For Funerals – Over 100 Bible verses about dying and death for religious funerals or memorial services.
- 27 Bible Verses about Death – Discover what scripture states about mortality and the afterlife.
- Encouraging Quotes for Grieving & Bible Verses About Dying – If you are worried about dying or need help dealing with the death of a loved one, these Bible verses about death can help.
- 20 Best Verses About Life After Death – Discover the best Bible verses about Death and find love in the Word of God when facing mortality.
- 25 Comforting Bible Verses about Death and Dying in Christ – Comforting Bible verses about death for anyone dying in Christ.
- 20 Comforting Scriptures Quotes – Here are 20 of the most popular Bible verses and readings for funerals.
- 15 Bible Verses about Death – Bible verses about death, death of a loved one, death of a child, and God’s promises for us about death and grief.
loss of a child bible verses
- 100 Bible Verses about Death Of A Child – One Hundred Encouraging Scripture Verses for Those Who Are Grieving
- Top 7 Comforting Bible Verses For Those Who Have Lost A Child – 7 comforting Bible verses for those who have lost a child.
- 5 Bible Verses for Parents Mourning the Loss of a Child – Suffering the devastating loss of a child can lead to parents feeling lost and alone in their grief.