Are you searching for a comprehensive Minnesota Life Insurance Company review?
If you are, you’ve found what you’re looking for.
Table of Contents
- 1 Minnesota Life Insurance Company Review & Ratings
- 2 Reviews for Minnesota Life Insurance Company
- 3 About Minnesota Life Insurance Company
- 4 Minnesota Life Insurance Company Details
- 5 Ratings for Minnesota Life Insurance Company
- 6 Advantages
- 7 Minnesota Life Insurance Company offers these products:
- 8 Minnesota Life’s Liberal Underwriting for Specific Niches
- 9 OBTAINING THE BEST LIFE INSURANCE RATES
- 10 Competitive Rates
- 11 Minnesota Life Insurance Rate Sample
- 12 Disadvantages
- 13 Where Minnesota Life Struggles
- 14 There are other companies out there to choose from beside Minnesota Life
- 15 Suggestion
- 16 Life Insurance Blog
Minnesota Life Insurance Company Review & Ratings
This article will address the advantage, disadvantages, and suggestions for those thinking about choosing Minnesota Life as their life insurance company.
You’ll then be able to make informed decision and see if Minnesota Life or another top rated life insurance company is best for you.
At Life Insurance Blog, we have access to many highly rated life insurance carriers, one of which is Minnesota Life.
We sometimes refer clients to Minnesota Life when they meet the minimum underwriting criteria required by this A+ company.
Learn more here or contact us to find out how we can help you!
Reviews for Minnesota Life Insurance Company
Minnesota Life is a highly rated life insurance company. At the moment, they are listed as one of our top life insurance companies.
About Minnesota Life Insurance Company
Founded over 30 years ago, Minnesota Life Insurance Company offers its services to people in every state except New York. This is because the Securian Life Insurance Company issues insurance products for that state. Each organization is based out of Saint Paul, MN.
The parent company of both Securian Life Insurance Company and Minnesota Life Insurance Company is Securian Financial Group.
Minnesota Life Insurance Company Details
Name(s): Minnesota Life Insurance Company; Securian Financial Group; Securian Life Insurance Company (NY)
400 Robert Street North
St. Paul, MN 55101
Phone: (651) 665-3500
Ratings: A.M. Best (A+), Standard & Poor’s (A+), Comdex (93), Fitch (AA-), Moody’s (AA)
Ratings for Minnesota Life Insurance Company
A credible review of Minnesota Life Insurance will acknowledge the organization’s outstanding financial ratings.
The flagship rating agency, A.M. Best, rates Minnesota Life with a Superior, giving them an A+, as does Standard and Poor.
This portion of the Minnesota Life Insurance Review discusses the advantages of selecting Minnesota Life as your life insurance provider.
Minnesota Life Insurance Company offers these products:
The Minnesota Life Company offers you 2 main types of policies: Term Life Insurance and Permanent Life Insurance.
To learn more about this, read our article on Life Insurance Types.
TERM LIFE INSURANCE
Advantage Elite Select: Term Life Insurance.
Terms available – 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30.
Your premiums will remain the same for the term you select. You may have an option to convert your term life insurance policy to a permanent life insurance policy at certain time periods.
- Less Expensive
- Coverage is limited to the selected term
- No cash value
- Death Benefit is Guaranteed
- Available No Exam option if you qualify
- Premiums are level and won’t increase or decrease
Term Life Riders Available
- Child’s Term Rider
- Accelerated Death Benefit Rider
- Conversion feature during the term period without proof of insurability.
- Waiver of Premium Rider
With a permanent life insurance, you’ll have coverage for your entire life.
You’ll also have the opportunity to have access to cash accumulation. There are tax advantages to the cash value and you are able to borrow against it.
Here are some of Minnesota Life’s permanent life insurance options:
Secure Whole Life
Minnesota Life’s whole life policy provides you life insurance benefits that are guaranteed for life. You also have guaranteed accumulation of cash value. This cash value can be withdrawn just like a loan.
- Ages available: 0-90
- $10,000 is the minimum face amount
- Premiums can be fixed or flexible
- Fixed interest rate
Eclipse Indexed Universal Life
- Single Premium Options
- Indexed Universal Life is a form of permanent coverage
- Guaranteed 3% minimum accumulation value rate of return at surrender or death
- Index-based or fixed crediting choices
Some Universal Life Riders to Choose From
- Children’s Term
- Accidental Death Benefit
- Long Term Care
- Waiver of Premium
Minnesota Life’s Liberal Underwriting for Specific Niches
OBTAINING THE BEST LIFE INSURANCE RATES
Each life insurance company has its own individual underwriting rules before they offer you a policy. The outcome can result in a rejected application or a policy that is priced higher than applied.
Here’s some more insight into some of Minnesota Life’s rules:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI): no DWI strikes within the last decade for the best rates. For Non-Tobacco Plus rates, there can’t be any within the last three years.
- Blood pressure: with or without treatment, for the best rates, blood pressure of 135/85 or greater will qualify; 145/95 is the cutoff for Non-Tobacco Plus rates.
- Substance abuse: For the best rates, there can’t be any history of drug or alcohol abuse. For Non-Tobacco Plus rates, there can’t be any within the past 5 years.
- Nicotine: There should be no traces of nicotine within the last three years for the most optimal nonsmoking rates, as determined through a urine test. No traces of nicotine within the last year, as determined through a urine test, is essential for Non-Tobacco Plus rates.
The rates by age provided by Minnesota Life are competitive, sometimes ranking at the top of the list for numerous term lengths applicable to both sexes.
Minnesota Life Insurance Rate Sample
Simply provide your details into our quote form for a complimentary quote from dozens of life insurance companies, including Minnesota Life.
Consider the following disadvantages of using Minnesota Life to provide your life insurance.
Where Minnesota Life Struggles
Minnesota Life is a terrific organization.
There isn’t really anything negative to stay about them. That said, one facet that can use improvement is their no exam life insurance policy.
For lower face amounts, the company does provide express underwriting. However, you’ll need to look into another provider if you require coverage that exceeds $200,000.
Not everyone has to shop for the positives of a no medical exam, as opposed to completely underwritten life insurance.
That said, anyone who is considering getting coverage and hasn’t had a recent health exam…
… can be protected with no exam coverage.
You don’t want to take an exam and learn that you have elevated cholesterol, blood pressure, or diabetes.
Rather, take the exam after you get the no exam policy in place.
If the exam policy is returned to you with an improved rate, you can easily replace the exam policy with the no exam policy.
Keep in mind that if your exam policy comes back declined or at a higher premium, you can just keep the no exam coverage.
There are other companies out there to choose from beside Minnesota Life
Much like any other life insurance carrier, Minnesota Life can’t satisfy the goals of all shoppers.
The issue comes down to the areas Minnesota Life is strong in versus where they are weak.
Fortunately for you, Life Insurance Blog can make sure you apply with the company that will offer you the best rate.
Will Minnesota Life offer you the best rate?
Life Insurance Blog has a suggestion for those thinking about getting a life insurance policy from Minnesota Life.
Contact us to determine if Minnesota Life is the most suitable company based on your insurance needs, health and budget.
If they are the company that provides the best life insurance rate, we’ll find out and let you know.
That said, with so many highly ranked life insurance companies at your disposal…
…you may end up saving thousands of dollars throughout the life of your insurance policy by using another provider instead.
Life Insurance Blog
We don’t show a preference for one specific life insurance company.
Rather, we learn what your needs are and then suggest the most affordable life insurance company to accommodate your individual goals and needs.
If saving money on your life insurance policy is important, let us help you.
We offer free customized quotes from Minnesota Life and other top rated life insurance companies.
Simply call us today for a free consultation at 888-411-1329.
Thanks for reading our post, Minnesota Life Insurance Company Review. Please leave a comment or quote below.