Lincoln Financial Life Insurance Company – One of the best life insurance companies represented by us is the Lincoln Financial Life Insurance Company. Lincoln Life Insurance accommodates numerous niches in the market. They are worth considering if you’re looking for affordable term and GUL life insurance rates. Read on for our complete Lincoln Financial Life Insurance Company review.
Just looking for instant life insurance quotes? Use our free instant quoter on this page and compare from dozens of top companies/
If you’re wanting to learn more about the Lincoln Financial life insurance company, then keep reading.
Table of Contents
- 1 Lincoln Financial Life Insurance Company Review
- 2 Where Lincoln Financial Life excels
- 3 Where Lincoln Life could improve
- 4 About the Lincoln Financial Life Insurance Company
- 5 Lincoln’s A.M. Best Company Rating
- 6 Lincoln Life Insurance Products
- 7 Lincoln Life Riders
- 8 Lincoln Life Insurance Underwriting Niches
- 9 Lincoln Life Insurance Over Age 70
- 10 Life Insurance Company Choices
- 11 LINCOLN FINANCIAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY DETAILS
Lincoln Financial Life Insurance Company Review
If you’re in search of reviews about Lincoln Life Insurance, you’re in the right spot. This review of Lincoln Life Insurance will comment on the organization’s advantages and disadvantages, and provide readers with other options.
Where Lincoln Financial Life excels
- Strong financially
- Provides both permanent and term life insurance
Where Lincoln Life could improve
- Average customer service reviews
- Mediocre term life rates on the higher end
Reviews of Lincoln Life Insurance
About the Lincoln Financial Life Insurance Company
Lincoln Life Insurance Company: The Advantages
Lincoln’s A.M. Best Company Rating
The Lincoln Life Insurance company has an A+ rating with A.M. Best Company. This is vital for those who are worried about the company paying out a death claim if they have life insurance. With regards to the company’s financial status, Lincoln Financial Insurance is very stable.
Lincoln Life Insurance Products
The Lincoln Life Elements Level Term policy is an insurance policy that has a guaranteed level premium for your pick of 10, 15, 20, or 30 years (note: in Maryland, the 30-year term isn’t an option). For the term, the premium is fixed. Once your term life insurance expires, your policy will be renewed yearly until the age of 95.
Think about using term life insurance for mortgage insurance, life insurance for a divorce or SBA loans.
Lincoln Life Guarantee UL offers a level death benefit choice on a Universal Life product that provides a premium that’s guaranteed. Please note that the life insurance for a Guaranteed Universal Life product provides permanent coverage. GUL is often nicknamed “Lifetime Term”.
Think about using permanent life insurance for funding buy-sell agreements, estate planning, or securing coverage for your lifetime.
Lincoln Life Riders
An additional fee for the Child Rider and Premium Waivers require an additional fee and are available if needed.
Your policy with Lincoln automatically includes a terminal illness rider. The terminal illness rider will pay some of the death benefits if you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and have a life expectancy of 6 months or less.
Lincoln Life Insurance Underwriting Niches
Lincoln Financial Life is a fantastic organization, but they flourish in some areas more than others. Here are examples of how Lincoln is the best fit for certain preexisting health conditions and lifestyle situations:
- Applicants who smoke pipes, cigars, nicotine gum, chewing tobacco, electronic cigarettes, nicotine patches, and other tobacco products (except cigarettes) may test positive for nicotine yet still obtain a standard rate class. That said, on the application, the client must be honest about their use of tobacco products.
- Clients may be eligible for the best rate class offered if zero traces of nicotine are shown on the client’s urine sample and the client smokes no more than 12 cigars annually. A client may smoke double that amount annually and still be eligible for the preferred rate class pending a lack of nicotine on the urine sample.
- With regards to blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight/height ratio build, clients older than 70 years of age are granted more freedom on underwriting requirements.
- Additionally, Lincoln Life Insurance offers more freedom when underwriting for older clients who have been diagnosed with breast or prostate cancer.
- Liberal cholesterol ratio with a preferred plus rate class is an option for clients with 5.5 HDL ratio pending that their total number is no greater than or equal to 230. For clients older than 70 years of age, the total cholesterol number jumps to 275.
- Blood pressure: For “preferred plus” rates at Lincoln Financial, applicants aged 69 or younger have a 1-year average blood pressure of 130/80 or below; those over the age of 70 should have 140/90 or below. For other “preferred” rates, applicants 69 years of age or younger may have average blood pressure up to 140/90; for those over the age of 70, up to 155/90. Applicants may have untreated or treated hypertension within these figures.
Lincoln Life Insurance Over Age 70
Lincoln Financial may benefit clients who are 70 years of age and suffer from diabetes based on the following criteria:
- Diagnosed within the last few years,
- Diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes,
- No history of proteinuria,
- A1C over the last 12 months 6.0 or below,
- Favorable cardiac workup,
- No history of neuropathy or retinopathy,
- Good lipids (meets required lipids criteria).
Lincoln Life is a reputable life insurance company, as you can ascertain from the details above. That said, Lincoln Life does have some shortcomings. Just like all life insurance companies.
The Negatives About Lincoln Life Insurance
Lincoln Financial Group doesn’t offer a whole life policy option. This is a shame for those who need whole life insurance, even though I usually suggest term for the majority of situations. Universal Life is ideal if you require a permanent life insurance policy that is more affordable than whole life.
Be mindful that several life insurance companies will provide the option on your behalf to modify your term life insurance to a whole life policy over the duration of the insured time.
Lincoln Financial Group doesn’t, but you can change to a Universal Life policy. Further, as standard for most insurance providers, you will find several informal stories online sent by people who are disgruntled with their experience from an insurance program that Lincoln Financial Group provided.
Life Insurance Company Choices
Lincoln Financial Group is not the only life insurance company in town. If you’re looking for a rate for your specific issues or health concerns, use an agency that can provide you with the best options. At LifeInsuranceBlog, we work with over 60 top rated life insurance companies in order to help our clients.
Call us at 888-411-1329 to see if Lincoln Life or another company will be the best choice for your situation. We’ll make sure to get to know your situation and make sure you don’t apply with a company that will rate you up or charge you a higher rate than you should.
Thank you for reading our post, Lincoln Financial Life Insurance Company Review. Please leave a comment or question below.
LINCOLN FINANCIAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY DETAILS
Name(s): Lincoln National Corporation, Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York, The Lincoln Financial Group has been in business for over a century.
150 North Radnor-Chester Road
Radnor, PA 19087
Ratings: A.M. Best (A+), Fitch (A+), Moody’s (A1), Standard & Poor’s (AA-)