For many shoppers, there are 3 major turnoffs when buying life insurance. Time, Inconvenience and Needles. Sagicor has a great solution for all 3 of these problems. They are definitely a company you need to look at before buying a No-Medical Exam policy.
Sagicor Life Insurance Company
The Sagicor Life Insurance Company provides an excellent no medical exam option for anyone who wants coverage quickly and at competitive rates.
Sagicor No Medical Exam Life Insurance Review
Life insurance underwriting time can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to complete and get your policy approved. Even longer for some situations.
Most people want a quicker alternative. With regards to convenience, a medical exam is required for most life insurance policies. The medical exam will have to be scheduled at a time and place of your choice. It’s not the end of the world, but it isn’t the most convenient task. For some, getting blood drawn from a needle is terrifying and they want any option available.
Sagicor has a Non Medical term life insurance product that is quick and convenient. It’s called Sage Term and their online application can be completed in minutes. There is no medical exam or needles required.
Sage Term Non-Medical Exam Details
It is available for consumers between the ages of 18 to 65 for non tobacco users. For tobacco users there is an age limit. The benefit durations available are 10, 15, or 20-year term. Sagicor classifies Sage Term into the following health classes:
- Preferred Non-Tobacco
- Standard Non-Tobacco
- Rated Non-Tobacco
- Preferred Tobacco
- Standard Tobacco
Sagicor’s Sage Term rates are very competitive. If you were to compare them with similar Non Medical exam policies, you would see they are similar. They even compare well with several fully underwritten life insurance policies that require a medical exam.
Let’s see how Sagicor’s Sage Term compares with a major life insurance company that offers very low fully underwritten term rates. These comparison rates are for a 40 year old; Non Smoker at a Preferred health class rating.
Fully Underwritten Term Life – Monthly Rates
Sagicor’s Sage Term Non-Medical – Monthly Rates
As you can see, when purchasing Sagicor’s Sage Term, you will pay a little more. For some, it is worth paying a little more in order to get a policy quickly and conveniently without the hassle of a medical exam.
Will Sagicor give you the best rate?
Use our online instant calculator to compare rates from dozens of the top companies.
Steps to get an accurate quote
Sage Term Riders
Life insurance riders are simply added features to your policy that come with an additional cost. Sage Term offers the following riders:
- Accidental Death Rider: With the Sage Term accidental death rider, you will increase your policy’s death benefit if an accidental death were to occur.
- Waiver of Premium Rider: A waiver of premium rider is also available. If you became disabled for 6 months or more, your premiums will be waived. Now if your disability gets resolved, you will begin to pay your premiums again.
- Terminal Illness Rider: A terminal illness rider is available as well. There is no charge for this rider and it’s included in your policy. Its benefit will accelerate a percentage of your death benefit if you are diagnosed with an end of life illness.
Some shoppers prefer to purchase a separate accidental death policy instead of adding the rider.
Applying with Sagicor
Sage Term’s online application is fast and convenient. The application takes less than 20 minutes to complete with your agent. You agent will ask you the qualifying questions, beneficiary information, and other basic details. The qualifying questions are structured to disqualify you if you have significant health or lifestyle issues.
You must answer NO to these qualifying questions:
- Do you have HIV?
- Are you currently receiving health care at home or require assistance with any activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding etc.?
- Are you currently confined to a hospital, nursing facility, psychiatric facility etc.?
- Are you currently in a correctional facility or prison?
- Is your driver’s license suspended or revoked, DUI or more than 2 moving violations in the last 24 months?
- Have you been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or Dementia, Cirrhosis, Emphysema or COPD?
- Have you been advised to have diagnostic tests, surgery, or medical procedures in the last 12 months that haven’t been completed?
- In the past 24 months been diagnosed or advised to have treatment for cancer, heart attack, stroke, TIA, drug or alcohol abuse?
If you were to answer YES to any of these questions, you won’t qualify for the Sage Term Non-Medical Exam product. If you answered NO, you will be able to proceed with the application. There are additional questions on the application. They won’t disqualify you, but may change your health class rating. You may have to give more information for all of the yes responses.
Final Outcome: When your application is completed and submitted by your agent, you may get an instant decision. If the final outcome is acceptable, you can purchase your policy and pay for your 1st premium.
Sagicor Life A.M. Best Rating
Sagicor Life may not be as popular a name as some of the more familiar life insurance companies. You may be thinking that they are some new upstart company, but they are not.
The Sagicor Financial Corporation started in 1840. For the past 60 years they’ve been offering life insurance. Sagicor is strong financially and is rated A- by A.M. Best. An A- rating may not be as good as an A+, but it may help ease any fears of a life insurance company going bankrupt.
Always work with a licensed and independent insurance broker. We’re here to help answer your questions and make sure you’re getting the best rate you can qualify for.
We work with over 60 top rated life insurance companies and we’re independent. What that means is that we work for you and not any particular life insurance company. We help people find the best non-medical and fully underwritten policies available on the market. We help you filter through all of these companies and locate the policy at a price that is in your budget.
Please contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll help you understand your options and find out what is available to you.
Thank you for reading our post, Sagicor No Medical Exam Term Life Insurance Review. Please leave a comment or question below.
Sagicor Life Insurance Company
Name(s): Sagicor Life Insurance Company; Sagicor Financial Corporation
4010 W. Boy Scout Blvd., Suite 800
Tampa, FL 33607
Phone: (888) 724-4267
Ratings: A.M. Best (A-), Standard & Poor’s (N/A), Fitch (N/A), Comdex (N/A)